To find the best suited and knowledgeable quantity surveying (QS) firm, the priority of the firm should be on the accuracy and drive towards above average construction cost management services. Many QS consultancy firms provide expertise that range from valuation to cost monitoring and budget control for various types of construction projects.
Before focusing on how to choose an appropriate quantity surveying firm for your next project, let’s briefly go through the main services that a QS consultant provides:
- Reinstatement cost studies for insurance purposes
- Alternative financing and procurement advice
- Construction cost consultant studies for loan monitoring
- Quantity surveying for tendering and tender analysis
- Primary construction cost planning
The above listed services follow the objectives set by the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors’ professional quantity surveyor (PQS) designation. However, many clients would also prefer to choose a QS consultant with a variety of affiliations.